Monday, March 2, 2009

Red

This is from my Gap T-shirt made in South Africa for Project Red (label below) this t-shirt makes me feel good! I also bought one that says Bo(RED) which doesn't really have the same uplifting sentiment. Happily I wear this one a lot more, and since this blog is really supposed to inspire me I think it is a much more appropriate. You can buy lots of RED products over at http://www.joinred.com


This is my Big Red Stripey Linen Log Cabin Quilt. When we moved into our house the Master Bedroom was painted Dark Red. We didn't really want to spend a lot of time painting so we just moved ourselves in. Of course nothing we owned went with a dark Red Bedroom. I decided to make a log Cabin Quilt for Our Bed. It is my first usable Quilt and I of course decided to make it a King size (we only have a Queen) in case we upgrade any time. This took me months to make. The fabric graduates from Deep Reds and Purples on the Bottom Right side to Creams and pinks on the Top Left. I probably used around 20 fabrics all stripey linen, and then bleached and dyed to get my colour range. I couldn't say exactly how many different colours came out of it. I have better pictures somewhere but I can't seem to find them on my computer.

Finally this is my Anthropologie jumper (sweater) that I am wearing today in honour of Red Monday. I love clothes from Anthropologie but why do they have to cost so much? It really is the most interesting clothing store here in the U.S.A. Back in Ireland I am love Monsoon and Peruna, but in general the clothes are a little more interesting in the U.K.

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous red quilt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is SO RED! I'm really enjoying this colour week. Thanks for your blog.

    A bientot from France.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and posting a comment...... Drop in any time you're passing! Ashley xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin