Friday, March 6, 2009

Blue

It is suddenly warming up here in Michigan and here is a beautiful Blue sky!


My Blue Salt and Pepper Mice that sit in my kitchen


A selection of Blue Air Mail stickers that line the spine of my address book.

I am very fortunate to know some very artistic people, this dish was made for my wedding present by Peter Meanley an extremely talented Potter and a close friend of my family. He works predominantly with Salt glaze and is currently producing a range of pieces inspired by Toby Jugs. He has modeled the characters for these Jugs on himself and my Dad. I saw some of the bisque when I was home at Christmas and can't wait to see the finished pieces. He had an exhibition a year ago in the Ulster Folk and transport Museum.

2 comments:

  1. Blue is my favourite colour and I love these photos. The pottery is very interesting. I'd like to see the Toby Jug inspired pieces - we have a Toby in our family and I've wondered if he might like to begin a collection of Toby jugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sure to post pictures of the Toby Jugs when I get them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and posting a comment...... Drop in any time you're passing! Ashley xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin