If you were wondering what I did with all those papers I dyed on my play day last month well here it is. First I ripped up those papers to make them a little smaller and to make the lettering not so obvious. I arranged them to make a rectangle. Then I took each piece of paper and used a watery mix of metallic paint on each. Some pieces I used more paint than others.
After the paint dried I arranged the pieces on Iron on vilene and made one big sheet out of all the papers. In the picture below you can see the metallic paint reflecting in the sunlight.
Above you can see some copper leaves which I am going to verdigris to match some other leaves that will eventually be used on this piece.
This is how the piece looks today, I have done a lot of free machine embroidery and embellished with fancy yarns and threads.
Close up of free machining triangles and leaf outlines.
Embellished with ladder yarn and stitched spirals.
If you look at the back of this piece you can see all the stitching I have done.
This piece still has a lot of work to go, so stay posted to see how it turns out. I am planning on adding my verdigris leaves and doing some hand stitching and beading.
Spring Blooms Week | Day 3 Magnolias
2 hours ago