Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

Since it is July fourth, I have been hearing fireworks for a couple of hours now. We just got home from camping so we aren't heading out tonight to see them. I was just thinking about how you could use embroidery thread and stitching to represent fireworks, as with most things that come to you someone else has already done it so... I did a google image search for firework embroidery and this beautiful image popped up. It is by Mississippi Quilt Association member Marylin rose.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that lovely? We are going to miss the 14th July fireworks here (we'll be in Scotland!). I used to really enjoy doig firework paintings with small children, using black paper and splatting colourful paint on with old toothbrushes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and posting a comment...... Drop in any time you're passing! Ashley xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin