Friday, June 19, 2009

Floss' Birthday Garden Party


A little while ago i recieved this lovely invitation from Floss over at Troc, Broc and Recup' to attend her virtual Garden Party. The idea is we post what we will wear - and what we imagine the party is like so without further ado....
Seeing as the part is virtual I thought I would shell out the big bucks and go in this beautiful Tuleh dress. The design reminds me of silk scarves.

In my hair I will wear this gorgeous flower from Mandizzle's shop along with some beautiful vintage teal clips from kitchentablestudios's shop (below)


I imagine that for those of us who do not have hats Lace Parasols such as these will be provided for us.

I am sure there will be beautiful Hydrangea arrangements surrounded by tea lights - just like these ones (photo taken by me at my friends Morgan and Sara's wedding).

There will be fabulos multi-coloured floral bunting strung up all around the garden just like this set found at giggleberry's shop. (Bunting / Flags / Pennant Strings - Good Folks (cream)Floss is sure to serve some good old english tea in these fantastic flower teacups (found with google images) and then we might use these Garden Party Porcelain Spoons from Elizabeths embellishments (below).



We will probably pass around some flower cupcakes, the recipe is at jellybelly.com

To top it all off we get to the cake - in this case being a Garden Party Dirt Cake is the only way to go. I make this all the time, even for my brothers wedding rehearsal dinner. Unfortunately I have no pictures of mine, (I don't know how that happened) so I found a nice image here Edible Antics - Having Fun With Food.

I am looking forward to meeting all the other ladies who will be attending the party this weekend - I haven't peeked yet so now I am off to see who has posted their garden parties...

Elizabethd from French Village Life (France)
Jayne of Country Cottage Chic (England)
Sal of Sal's Snippets (England)
Carol of Katherine's Dream (England)
Melanie of A Country Dream (England)
Valerie of Dotty Dotty (England)
Lululiz of Lalaland (England and France!)
Bekimarie from The ramblings of an everyday mummy (England)
Olga of Where are you... (Poland)
Sarah from Red Gingham (New Zealand)
Lace Hearts (England)
Ashley from Peacocks and Dragonflies (USA)
Kris of Vintage Window (USA)
Isabel de la Maison Douce (USA)
Mel from Country in the Town (England)
Josie-Mary (England)
A Thrifty Mrs (England)
Betty G, from Betty G's Doublewide Cottage (USA)
Sonia of Vintage Rose Designs (USA)
Marie Reed of Cpaphil Vintage Postcards (France)
Louise, at The Whispering Poppies (USA)
Juanitatortilla (Switzerland)
Sarah, from A Beach Cottage (Australia)
Alexandra, Domestic Novice (Scotland)
Lissy Lou and the two little boys (England)
Sharon, of Clover Cottage (England)
Della, of Della Grace's Life (USA)
Fleur, at Marble Rose (England)

10 comments:

  1. Oooher, I have fallen big time for your dress, its gooorgeous! Really nice to meet you at this fab party, would you care to accompany me to the bar? The Kir Royale is quite excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super party! You have highlighted a little crisis I have - teacups! I'm going to have to email all my English friends and ask if they can bring some along, as they're not too easy to find in France. Thanks so much to coming to my most enjoyable party - it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just visiting the gardens parties - i love yours!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's always lovely to meet a fellow blogger at a party. Those cupcakes were quite splendid weren't they! You really did look lovely in that designer dress, quite perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab garden party thanks for all those great links can feel a spending spree coming on
    my garden party is here
    dotty_dotty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you had such a stunning dress. It was such a blast, wasn't it. I've only just managed to get my post done, I was that gone. Fab to meet you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is gorgeous! I could never pull it off IRL, but it's fun to dream about virtually! And thanks for pointing out that bunting...I've been wanting to do a project like that for a while, and this is great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfit is a dream! Very well chosen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS Teacups and Spoons and Cupcakes!
    Floss was right -- you are definitely the best dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ashley, Now if you don't mind I'm proposing to have some fun and let people know you better - I'm asking you to name 6 unimportant things that you love in a post.

    I was tagged in the same way by JuanitaTortilla - please come to have a look as well and hope you'll like it ;)

    Here are THE RULES…..

    Pick 6 unimportant things you love
    Mention & link to the person who tagged you
    Tag 6 of your favourite bloggers to play along

    (don’t forget to comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been tagged!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and posting a comment...... Drop in any time you're passing! Ashley xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin